Wednesday 11 August 2010

Lost in Orbit: Teaser

Here is the teaser for chapter 33 - I'm Sorry You're Not Happy.

"We need to talk about this," she said, her voice shaking. In that moment, she looked smaller than she usually did, and I wondered whether that was what fear and uncertainty did to you.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked monotonously. I thought she was going to back down and not continue. No, I hoped that she was going to do that, but she didn't.

"We need to talk about what you did," she continued resolutely. "And we need to talk about why you did it."

My gaze hardened as I stared at her. "Why don't you tell me why you do it, and then you'll find your answer."

She pursed her lips, which stopped the way they had been quivering. "This isn't the same thing."

"Too fucking right this isn't the same thing," I spat, my hands shaking. "But the reasons will still be the same. You do it because you want to forget and escape the constant feeling inside your chest that doesn't fucking disappear."

No comments:

Post a Comment