Wednesday 28 July 2010

Lost in Orbit: Teaser

Here is the teaser to Chapter 31 - A McCarty April Fools. It's a humour chapter for once. Even though this teaser sounds angsty, it's still got a fair share of humour.

We got into the car in silence and didn't say a word as she drove to the primary school. The atmosphere was tense, and I found myself glancing at her every now and again as she drove. She didn’t look angry or upset, but she didn’t look happy, either, and the atmosphere that surrounded us was making me think the worst.


When we pulled up at the school we both got out and walked towards the front gate. There were still a number of woman waiting outside, so I guessed some of the classes hadn't come out yet.

“Are you okay?” I asked, my voice quiet, nervous. “I’m sorry about what I said earlier, I should have…”

But she stopped me before I could finish. “Its fine, Jasper, really, you know you can’t always watch what you’re saying. Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter.”

I nodded, though I didn’t completely believe her. I knew that what I said was too close to home, and I wished that I hadn’t made a reference like that. I was a fucking idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment