Thursday 22 July 2010

Lost in Orbit: Teaser

Here is the teaser to chapter 30 - Here for You.

"I need this," I whispered over the lump that had formed in my throat. She grimaced slightly then held the envelope out to me. I took it quickly then turned back towards the door. I only came here for one thing. I didn't want to be here longer than necessary, as there were too many memories.


"Thank you," I murmured before shutting the door behind me, I knew that I was being cold and extremely rude, but I only had one thing on my mind and it was currently clutched tightly in my hand.

I got back home in record time and went straight around the back towards the den, there was only one place that I could open this envelope. I wouldn't change the tradition just because one of us wasn't there to make sure that it was done properly.

I sat there for how long I don't know, all I did was stare at the envelope, the one remaining thing that was left of Robbie. I was terrified that as soon as I opened it, it would feel like some kind of unwanted closure.

"You can do it," I murmured to myself in encouragement, I nodded slowly in agreement then picked up the envelope and slipped my finger under the seal and tore it off.

What I saw froze me in place, there was a letter.

There was a letter.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment