Thursday 15 July 2010

Lost in Orbit: Teaser

Here is a teaser to chapter 29 - Hatred.

He didn't look up as I got closer, he probably didn't even know I was there yet. I contemplated calling out to him, but instead I decided to sit down next to him. He jumped slightly as I sat down, but as he saw it was me he exhaled softly but appraised me cautiously, as if he expected me to shout at him.


"I'm sorry," he whispered, and all I could do was nod at him in response. I didn't know what I wanted to say, nor did I know what I wanted him to say to me, and so I remained silent.

"I want to explain why I… why I felt the way I did," he murmured whilst looking at me intently, his eyes shone with sincerity. I knew straight away that I'd listen to everything he had to say.

"Things were hard for me back then. It had been five months since… Maria and it was hard, really hard to be away from her. Then there was you and Robbie, the perfect couple. You were what Maria and I used to be, and it hurt to see the similarities. Then that day, do you remember how he acted with you? Do you remember the way he ignored you? It made me so mad to see him do that to you because he had you, he had it all."

It was silent for a moment as I took in what he had just told me, of course I could remember that day. I could remember the way Jasper had looked at me when he'd asked if I was alright, I could remember seeing the concern in his eyes.

"I wanted to protect you," he murmured so quietly I could easily have missed it.
Make what you want out of that title and teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment