Friday 18 June 2010

Lost in Orbit: Music Inspiration

I love Michael Buble, and his song 'Lost' just had to be in my playlist. Again, I had this song in my mind long before Chapter 22 - Not Alone was written.

Here's an extract from Chapter 22:

But as I sat there, using Alice as my anchor, I finally understood what it meant to share, and to let someone in and help you. Only Alice would truly understand what happened. My parents. Maria's parents. My friends. None of them ever understood the pain that I went through. Though their pain was just as strong, it had been different for each of them. Maria's parents had each other, I had no one.
But now I had someone.

"You're not alone anymore," I whispered. I now knew that neither of us would truly be alone again. We had each other, it wouldn't be easy, but maybe now we could move forward. Together.


Here is the video:



Here are some lyrics that fit with the chapter:

Summer turned to winter
And the snow it turned to rain
And the rain turned into tears upon your face
I hardly recognized the girl you are today
And god I hope it's not too late
It's not too late

'Cause you are not alone
I'm always there with you
And we'll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
And the darkness has won
Babe, you're not lost
When your world's crashing down
And you can't bear to fall
I said, babe, you're not lost

Life can show no mercy
It can tear your soul apart
It can make you feel like you've gone crazy
But you're not
Things have seem to changed
There's one thing that's still the same
In my heart you have remained
And we can fly, fly, fly away

No comments:

Post a Comment