Friday 18 June 2010

Lost in Orbit: Music Inspiration

As soon as I heard Daughtry - Ghost of Me for the first time, I knew it was the song to go with chapter 17 - What I've Become.

Here's a little quote:

“Alice? What are you doing?” Mom cried from somewhere behind me. I didn’t reply as I cut another length of hair. I felt her hand on my shoulder as she pulled me around to face her. As I looked up at her, I watched as she gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth, tears falling from her wide, scared eyes.

I don’t know what it was she saw in my eyes, but I knew she wasn’t seeing Alice Brandon. She was seeing the shell that had replaced her daughter. For Alice Brandon no longer existed, her heart, soul and reason to live, died the day that Robbie Grayson left this Earth.

“Robbie liked my hair long.” I didn’t even sound like my old self anymore.


Anyway, here is the song. Do you agree with me?



Here are some of the lyrics that I thought fit the most:

Your imagination and emotions running wild
Fuelling my frustration
Like a fire burning, clock keeps turning now
I know it's getting underneath your skin
I try to tell you now

Don't look over your shoulder
'Cause that's just the ghost of me you're seeing in your dreams
Wait, there's no rhyme or reason
Sometimes there's no meaning in the visions when you're sleeping
Don't wake up and believe it
You're looking at the ghost of me

Also, Alice cuts her hair in this chapter. She cuts it herself, so you can imagine it would look a mess. Here is a picture I found, quite luckily in fact, of Ashley Greene in the costume rehearsal for Twilight. The wig she has on kind of fits what Alice's hair would have looked like after she cuts it, just picture it a little scruffier.

No comments:

Post a Comment