Friday 18 June 2010

Safe Haven: Teaser

My final post of tonight, I think. Here is a teaser to my third and final story, Safe Haven. I haven't updated this in about 6 months, but I'm re-writing the story at the moment, so hopefully once I get to the end of re-writing the chapters, I'll find my muse, beat that writers block, and write the final chapters.

Anyway, here is the teaser:

At first I didn't feel anything, but then slowly I started feel a small wave of admiration wash over me. I wanted to open my eyes, or smile at him for feeling that way. But I knew that as soon as I do that, he would lose control and it would all come gushing out.

I spoke too soon.

The admiration was soon washed away by determination, love, disgust, shame, desire, lust, thirst and a hint of sadness. It happened like that every time we tried it. He would manage it for a few seconds, but then it would overload, as if he was running out of breath, and suddenly it would all come flying out in one large swoop.

“I'm sorry,” he said, out of breath. It took a lot out of him each time we tried. I shuffled forward so that I was kneeling in front of him. I took his face in my hands and kissed his forehead.

“You have nothing to be sorry about,” I whispered. He brought his hands up so they rested over my own. We stayed like that for a while, just staring into each other’s eyes. It was peaceful out here, quiet. What I didn't realise, was that we were close to humans.

“Shall we hunt?” Jasper asked, breaking the silence. “It will help take my mind off things.”

I nodded, I would agree to anything if he said it would help him. I should have known not to let him hunt in this area, but I was too busy relishing in the touch of his hand in mine to realise.

2 comments:

  1. how dare you tease me on a story I can't read, grr. This is probably what chapter 20something, and I'm only on chapter 3 :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I totally forget that you'd be one of the few people to see this! The next chapter is in the queue on Twilighted, and then I have chapter five ready as well. I will update that straight after :)

    ReplyDelete