Friday 25 June 2010

Lost in Orbit: Alternate Scene

I recently updated chapter 24 of Lost in Orbit on FFnet. I mentioned in my author notes that there is an alternate scene where Jasper does actually carry Alice through the car park (sorry! Parking lot!). Here it is:

He sighed and looked around quickly. "Give me your bag," he instructed.


"What?"

"Give me your bag," he repeated as he held out his hand for it. I did as he told and passed it to him then watched in astonishment as he slung it over his shoulder with his own bag.

My brow furrowed in confusion, but thankfully my tears dried up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to carry you," he stated simply.

I was speechless as he finished, and I was sure my expression questioned his sanity just a little. "But… you… no…"

"No buts, Alice," he said, silencing me. "If you can't walk through there on your own then I'll do it for you."

I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off again as he raised his eyebrow at me. I guess I was about to start my sentence with but.


"You won't be able to carry me," I whispered as I stepped towards him nonetheless.


He smiled weakly. "I'm sure I'll manage, Alice."

I frowned but didn't say anything else as he stepped towards me. I was about to ask him how he was actually planning on picking me up when he bent down and easily lifted me from the ground bridal style.

I gasped as he tightened his hold around me. "Are you okay?" I searched his voice to see if it was struggling to hold me, but it didn't sound strained at all. In fact, he sounded as he always did.

"Yeah," I squeaked as he slowly started to move. He made me feel like I weighed ten pounds.

I didn't look at around, not only because I didn't want to see where it happened, but also because I got the impression that people were watching us. I couldn't blame them, really, if it were me, I would be watching this seemingly bizarre situation too.

"Alice, close your eyes," he murmured. I didn't need telling twice as I tightly shut my eyes and leant towards his chest. I tried not to think about anything as he carried me through the parking lot.

I didn't open my eyes when I heard two people call my name. I knew that it was Rosalie and Emmett, they would follow us inside. I still didn't open my eyes even when I felt the warmth of the heating inside the school. Regardless, Jasper was still walking and so I'd only open them once he's stopped.

"Alice?" Emmett and Rosalie cried simultaneously as I heard them run towards us.

"She's okay," Jasper exclaimed, only slightly out of breath. "You can open your eyes now," he murmured to me. I slowly allowed my eyes to open and inwardly sighed in relief when I noticed that we were in one of the more empty corridors next to the entrance.

Jasper slowly let me down and I wiped my eyes free of any tears before turning to face Emmett and Rosalie.
 
Lol, let me know what you think :P

5 comments:

  1. interesting, but I much prefer Alice walking on her own. What did your beta say about this version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the one in the actual chapter now as well. It shows she isn't dependant on Jasper all the time. She had to do it on her own.

    At the bit where Jasper goes 'I'm going to carry you,' her response was: 'Lol, what?'

    Just that, literally. I was laughing so much at that seriously. I could picture the face she'd have as well xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha well as long as you're satidfied that's all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I liked how Jasper protected Alice and she really closed her eye's, trusting him completely & it does feel great to have a big strong handsome man carry you & make you feel like you only weigh 10 pounds, but I like the way you put it in the real chapter better because Alice's attitude to do what no one thinks she can, makes me like her more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does trust him completely, and the fact that she listens to him straight away proves that. I do prefer the real chapter, though. It shows that she is stronger. If Jasper had carried her in there, she would have had to do it on her own at some point, and it would have been harder for her.

    ReplyDelete