Sunday 15 January 2012

When it Rains by idealskeptic


When it Rains by idealskeptic

Three and a half years after BD, the Cullens are picking up the pieces from a crushing loss. Angela Weber is in college when she runs into Jasper and Nessie. Can she, with kindess and compassion, heal the Cullens hurting the most?

Rated: T

******************************************************


If you're familiar with my stories, you'll know I write Jasper/Angela, so it's a given I'd enjoy reading someone else's versions. I remember, back when I didn't know who idealskeptic was, I saw When it Rains and thought 'Wait, someone else writes Jasper/Angela stories, too?' There I was, thinking I was unique, and all... *laughs* But really, I've recently finished reading When it Rains, and I must say it is so worth the read.

I won't say too much and give it away, but it was so easy to follow and feel for the characters she'd taken and developed. You know from the start something isn't quite right, and can really relate to Angela as she attempts to find out more...

I'm yet to read the sequel Remember When it Rained, but let me tell you, I'm very excited. As a parting gift, I'll leave you with the first part of chapter one, in a hope that you'll want to read more and find out what happens.

****

"Are you working hard or hardly working?"

I pulled myself back into the moment and grinned sheepishly at my best friend, roommate and co-worker. "Sorry, Liv. I was day-dreaming, I guess. What do I need to do?"

"Nothing, Ang," she laughed, leaning on the counter next to me. "I was just worried that you were going to drool on the counter the way you're staring at the hot guy over in the foreign language section. I didn't want to have to clean it up."

I looked back at the tall guy in the army green military style coat. He was impossibly pale and his curly, honey blond hair seemed really familiar. But he was with a little girl, about four or five. And I certainly didn't know any hot blond guys with copper haired five year old daughters. And still I couldn't stop staring.

"He's gonna notice if you don't stop staring," Liv sighed as she fixed a stack of calendars on the counter. "Why don't you go over and see if he needs any help? It is part of your job, after all."

"I feel like I know him from somewhere. It's bugging me," I whispered to her as two little old ladies tottered by on their way to the bargain book tables.

"All the more reason to go and get a closer look," she snickered, giving me a nudge.

I stuck my tongue out at her and decided to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment