Friday 9 July 2010

Lost in Orbit: Teaser

Here is the teaser to Chapter 28 - Part of the Gang.

I clicked send and turned off the phone as I heard someone walking towards me. I placed the phone in my pocket, even though it felt like a tonne of bricks now. I would deal with that later.


"You okay?" Alice asked as she came to stand next to me. I shook my head, unable to speak. She sighed and wrapped her arm around my shoulder as best she could from our position. I didn't return the embrace. I just sat there, staring at the ground. I didn't deserve her comfort right now.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked after a moment of silence.

I shook my head again. "Not really."

"Okay," she whispered as she allowed her arm to fall away from my shoulder. It was silent again, and I felt bad for being so offhand with her.

"Thanks for offering, though," I told her as I turned so that I could see her face. "I just don't really want to go into it right now. Come on, it's my birthday. I should be celebrating."

"No, its okay, I understand that you don't want to talk about it," she said before signalled with her head for me to follow her. "Come on. Let's go do something to take your mind of things."
:)

2 comments: